It is an aim of St Loys Church of England Primary Academy to provide a happy, secure, calm and welcoming environment for all the pupils in our care and for the staff and others who are associated with us in many other ways.
We strive to foster a sense of self-discipline within the school and an acceptance of the responsibility of individuals for their own actions.
Individual class rules are created at the beginning of the school year which everyone agrees will assist learning and create a happy classroom environment
Children’s achievements are celebrated in a special assembly held every Friday, they find this very motivating. Rewards include Pupil of the Week Cup, Headteacher’s Award Cup, certificates, House points, praise and the opportunity to share their work with other staff and children. Considerate behaviour is also noticed at break and lunch times.
Everyone has the right to:
- feel safe, cared for and respected
- be able to learn to the best of his/her ability and to develop whatever skills he/she possesses
- be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- learn and play without disruption.
Everyone is expected to:
- be responsible for their own behaviour
- respect the rights of others.
We say No to Bullying, whether verbal or physical; it has no place in our school. We ask for all parents and pupils to help us by reporting immediately any incidents so that we can deal firmly and fairly with any bullies, involving parents if appropriate.