We are incredibly proud of our close links with St Mary and St Peter Church, Lois Weedon.
The Church and Diocese support the school in many ways, one of which is the Parish Rector who is also Chaplain of the school.
The Parish is at present awaiting a new rector but school are proud to enjoy visits from Rev. Paula who leads worship in a supportive capacity.
Lois Weedon and Weston Community lies about 5.5 miles (9 km) west of Towcester, Northants.
There are many Societies and Clubs, which often take place in the Weedon Lois Village Hall, a selection of these include: Horticultural Club (which holds an annual show), Drama Club (which holds an annual Pantomime), the Women’s Institute, Flower Club, Film Club, Dance Club, Wine Club and The Royal British Legion.
Local Organisations include St Mary and St Peter Church, Bell Ringing, The Parish Council, The Baptist Church and Community Project and The Crown Public House.
Each year Weston is host to the Annual May Day Fair which often incorporates the Great Weston 5 Mile Run. The children of St Loys Church of England Primary Academy provide the May Pole dancing and a May Queen is chosen from the pupils.
For the local community Weston and Lois Weedon please visit their website www.westonandweedonloispc.org.uk
Church Academy Trust
Academy Trust Name: South Northamptonshire C of E Multi Academy Trust
Academy Trust Company Number: 8569207
Best Value Policy 2015
Each Governing Body within the South Northamptonshire CEVA Multi Academy Trust is accountable for the way in which resources are allocated within their academy to meet the objectives set out in their development plans.
Governors need to secure the best possible outcome for pupils, in the most efficient and effective way, at a reasonable cost. This will lead to continuous improvement in the school’s achievements and services. The Board of the South Northamptonshire CEVA Multi Academy Trust will review this annually.
What Is Best Value?
Governors will apply the four principles of Best Value:
- Challenge – Is the school’s performance high enough? Why and how is a service provided? Do we still need it? Can it be delivered differently? What do parents want?
- Compare – How does the school’s pupil performance and financial performance compare with other schools?
- Consult – How does the school seek the views of stakeholders about the services the school provides?
- Compete – How does the school secure efficient and effective services? Are services of appropriate quality, economic?
The Governors and School Managers
The Governors and school managers will apply the principles of best value when making decisions about:
- the allocation of resources to best promote the aims and values of the school.
- the targeting of resources to best improve standards and the quality of provision.
- the use of resources to best support the various educational needs of all pupils.
- make comparisons with other/similar schools using data.
- challenge proposals, examining them for effectiveness, efficiency and cost.
- require suppliers to compete on grounds of cost, quality and sutitablity.
- consult stakeholders and organisations on quality and suitability of services provided to parents and children.
They will not
- waste time and resources to make minor savings in costs
- waste time and resources by seeking tenders for minor supplies and services where preferred suppliers who regularly work for the school have shown themselves to provide a quality service at a competitive price. These preferred supplier’s Best Value is checked at a minimum of every three years through the process of gaining quotes from other suppliers and comparisons made. These suppliers can be found in Appendix 1.
The pursuit of minor improvements or savings is not cost effective if the administration involves substantial time or costs. Time wasted on minor improvements or savings can also distract management from more important or valuable areas.
Governors and school managers will deploy staff to provide best value in terms of quality of teaching, quality of learning, adult-pupil ratio, and curriculum management.
Use of Premises
Governors and school managers will consider the allocation and use of teaching areas, support areas and communal areas, to provide the best environment for teaching & learning, for support services, and for communal access to central resources, e.g. the library.
Use of Resources
Governors and school managers will deploy equipment, materials and services to provide pupils and staff with resources which support quality of teaching and quality of learning.
Teaching and Learning
Governors and school managers will review the quality of curriculum provision and quality of teaching, to provide parents and pupils with:
- a curriculum which meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and the needs of pupils
- teaching which builds on previous learning and has high expectations of children’s achievement.
Head teachers, Governors and school managers will
- Tender work and supplies in line with the guidlelines in the Financial Handbook, using the set templates. These are as follows:
- Goods and services up to £2000.00, discretion of the Head teacher
- Goods and services from £2000 up to £10,000. One quote from contractor on the preferred suppliers list, please see Appendix 1, this should be agreed with LGB and minuted. Template from MAT Financial handbook to be completed and signed by LGB
- Goods and services from £10,000 to £19,999, three quotes will be required and a template from MAT Financial handbook to be completed and signed by LGB.
- Goods and services from £20,000 to EU Threshold (Approx 111K) – Medium value purchase requiring adequate advertising for a minimum of 10 days to allow level of competition. Formal invitation to Tender Process must be followed and a template from MAT Financial handbook to be completed and signed by LGB.
- Goods and services from EU Threshold and upwards – High Value Purchase requiring full advertisement in OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) and allowing 37 days thereafter for expressions of interest, with a template from MAT Financial handbook to be completed and signed by LGB.
Purchase goods or services under £1000 direct from known, reliable suppliers (e.g. stationery, small equipment)
Governors and school managers will review the quality of the school environment and the school ethos, in order to provide a supportive environment conducive to learning and recreation.
Health & Safety
Governors and school managers will review the quality of the school environment and equipment, carrying out risk assessments where appropriate, in order to provide a safe working environment for pupils, staff and visitors.
The following areas enable Governors and school managers to monitored Best Value
- Termly analysis of attainment and progress data
- Staff Appraisal
- Budget Planning
- Financial review by Headteacher reported to Governors, termly
- Financial benchmarking
- Analysis of school pupil performance data against all schools, LA schools, similar schools.
- Ofsted Inspection reports
- Accountancy and Audit reports for each academy within the MAT
- Accounting Officer review on behalf of the MAT.
Appendix 1- Preferred Suppliers by Academy
St Loys CEVA Primary Academy
CR Building Development
Abthorpe Broadband Association
Alan Japp (decorator)
Cartwright Landscapes (grounds maintenance)
Grayling Thomas (Architect)
Oliver Fickling (QS)
Nick Price (handyman)
Stilp Property Services
Frances Le Pla (Ofsted)
Peter Nickoll (SIP)
Marry Tulley (SIP)
Curtis & Carder Services (heating)
Chacombe CEVA Primary Academy
Seckington and Whitehead (Builder)
Town and Country
MIP Property Ltd (Carpenter)
Bee Tee Alarms
Martin Hirons (Decorator)
JB Knowhow (Handyman)
Frances Le Pla (Ofsted)
Peter Nickoll (SIP)
Mary Tulley (SIP)
Secret Garden (Club provider)
Rosie Clark (Club provider)
Phil Lines (Club provider)
Simply Education (Supply)
Specialist Fire Products
Culworth and Boddington CEVA Primary Academies
Town & County Plumbing & Heating
GM Lawrence (Electrician)
Brian Lawrence (Builder)
Stuart Nicols Waste Disposal
Bee Tee Alarms
National Wide Fuels
School Photography Co
ADT Fire & Secuity
ISE Fire Products
Chenderit Minibus Hire
The Staff Room