Q/. How will I know if the school is closed in an emergency?

A/. In case of an emergency school closure, details will be available by the following means:

  • The School Website
  • The school FaceBook Page.
  • The School Parents newsletter
  • Teachers2Parents text messaging (for those who have opted to have text messages).
  • Our Emergency Cascade System, 
  • Northamptonshire County Council website and BBC Radio Northampton.

Q/. What are the school day timings?

A/. 8.55am – 3.30pm for Reception to Year Six children.

Q/.  Is there an email newsletter for parents?

Yes – please visit the email subscription page to manage your details.

Q/.  What do I do if my child is late to school?

A/.  If your child is late for school, it is vital that you go to or phone the School Office.  This is not just so that we can monitor punctuality, but is essential for fire safety and security.

Q/. How do I report my child’s absence from school?

A/. Please telephone the school on 01327 860539 as soon as possible and on each day of your child’s absence from school; we have an answering service where you can leave a message.  It is very important that you let us know your child’s symptoms so that we can monitor any possible epidemics.

Q/. How can I order hot lunches for my child and how much does it cost?

A/. Dolce provide a hot meal service at St Loys and they deliver regularly to the school.  From September 2014 the Government have offered Free School Meals to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.

For all enquiries including costs and ordering information please email the Dolce Team: info@dolce.co.uk 

Q/.  How can I buy school uniform?

A/. Please see the Uniform section under the Parents Tab of our website. For St Loys Primary Academy Logo items you should Order on-line at www.stparent.co.uk and not through the school office.

Q/. Can I take my child out of school for a holiday during term time?

A/. Absence requests will be authorised or unauthorised by the Headteacher. Schools are only able to authorise absence from school in exceptional circumstances. Absence requests for holidays in term time will not be authorised. Additionally, you may be asked to supply further supporting documents for any absence request.

An Absence from School for Exceptional Circumstances Request form must be completed and submitted to the Headteacher.

Q/. How do I apply for a place in your school for my child?

A/. Please see our Admissions/New Parents page under the Parents Tab or email  head@weedonlois.northants-ecl.gov.uk.

Q/. How will I be informed if there is an enforced school closure?

A/. We have a text messaging service where we can text all parents who have a registered; please ensure you keep us informed if your number changes.

Q/. What do I do if my child is prescribed medication?

A/. Only medicines prescribed by a doctor can be administered by the school.  Antibiotic doses that are administered 3 times a day should be given before and after school and at bedtime. If the medicine is required 4 times a day please ask in the office for staff to give any additional required dose.  For long term or ongoing medication, parents are asked to complete and sign a medication request form. Children with asthma, severe allergies, etc keep their medication in their classroom; these are given by a First Aid trained member of staff.

Q/. How long before my child can return to school after an illness?

A/. In the case of vomiting and diarrhoea your child should be well for 24-48 hours before they return to school.  Your doctor will advise you but for all other illnesses please call us.

Q/. What do I do if I need to see a teacher?

A/. Teachers are normally available for brief enquiries after school. If you need a longer appointment, please contact your child’s teacher or the school secretary who will be happy to arrange this for you.